Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Full Day Kindergarten: NH Republicans Have Lost Their Minds IPPSR Affiliate Todd Elder discusses prescription drugs and their impact on children.
- National Mental Health Survey Finds Widespread Ignorance, Stigma IPPSR Affiliate Mark Skidmore co-authors national survey on mental health literacy.
- Municipalities' Fiscal Outlook Gloomy Despite Recovering Economy MPLP Alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh comments on historical revenue sharing.
- Does School Competition Lift All Boats Like Jeb Bush Says? IPPSR Affiliate David Arsen comments on the competitive effects of school choice
- Democrats Bid To Slow Dodd Frank Reform IPPSR Affiliate Lisa Cook testified at a recent congressional hearing on financial reform.
- House Panels Oks Tax Incentives For Developers MPLP Alumni and state Sen. Ken Horn leads efforts to provide tax incentives for developers.
- How Have Trump's First 100 Days Affected Michigan? IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard is interviewed on the new presidential administration’s first 100 days in office.
- Local Students Nominated For Capital's Top Intern Award IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann is quoted on IPPSR’s Rosenthal Award for legislative interns.
- FGM Case Sparks Indictments And Legislation MPLP Alumni and state Sen. Margaret O’Brien introduces legislation to make female genital mutilation a felony in Michigan.