Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Border Tax Could Add $2,500 To Price Of Car Or Truck IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard comments on potential consequences of a border tax.
- Political Corruption Knows No Party, History Shows IPPSR Affiliate Eric Freedman discusses historical political corruption.
- Michigan Needs Sensible Obamacare Reforms Past IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist Tom Watkins co-authors editorial pushing for health care reforms.
- Lawmakers Set To Pass Rape Kit Retention Bill, But Not Mandatory Testing IPPSR Affiliate Rebecca Campbell comments on upcoming legislation in Maryland surrounding rape kits.
- Internet Privacy Questioned After House And Senate Ruling IPPSR Affiliate William Dutton discusses internet privacy after Michigan’s House and Senate move for greater transparency.
- Old Town's Events Offer A Unique Side Of Greater Lansing IPPSR Affiliate Mark Wilson talks about the benefits of events in building community identity in Lansing’s Old Town.
- State Senate Salutes Vietnam Vets MPLP Alumni and state Sen. Margaret O’Brien sponsors legislation creating Vietnam Veterans Day in Michigan.
- Howrylak, Ellison, and Webber Introduce Bipartisan Bill Against Distracted Driving MPLP Alumni and state Rep. Michael Webber co-sponsors legislation on distracted driving.
- Moss Proposal Would End Promotional Rate Surprises For Cable Customers MPLP Alumni and state Rep. Jeremy Moss introduces cable bill legislation.