On the Left
- Michigan Republicans Vote To Allow Guns In Schools, Daycare Centers, Bars, Stadiums, & Places of Worship From Eclectablog, an argument against allowing guns in current no-carry zones.
- Defending Healthcare Beats Defending Statues From the Progress Michigan blog, the recent Virginia Governor election and what it means for Michigan politics.
- Wexford County Commissioners Draft Resolution Opposing Injection Well For Dump They Used To Own: A Lesson In Why We Should Not Privatize Public Things From Up North Progressive, local residents concerned over proposed deep injection wastewater well.
On the Right
- With Income Tax Rejected By Voters, East Lansing Looks To Spending Cuts From Michigan Capitol Confidential, moving forward after failed East Lansing income tax proposal.
- Building 21st Century Talent And Security To Combat Cyber Threats In Michigan From Governor Rick Snyder’s blog, recent North American International Cyber Summit emphasizes the importance of cyber security.
- The Business Climate Matters More Than Amazon From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy’s blog, comparing potential Amazon job gains to regular monthly job changes.
Down the Middle
- Program Helps Veterans Find Camaraderie Through Beekeeping From Michigan Radio’s Stateside, ‘Heroes to Hives’ helps veterans take on beekeeping.
- Only High School Required Dominates New Job Projections From the Michigan Future blog, new BLS job projections anticipate a rise in job postings that only require a high school diploma.
- A Resilient Grid Means A Resilient Michigan: Making The Grid Smarter From Alliance for Michigan Power, an argument for improving Michigan’s energy grid.