On the Left
- Legislature Launches Preemptive Strike At Local Control From the blog Politically Speaking, a discussion on recent bills blocking local excise taxes.
- Women's March Organizers Choose A White Man, Bernie Sanders, To Headline 'Reclaiming Our Time' Convention From Eclectablog, an argument against Bernie Sanders as keynote speaker at upcoming women’s convention.
- Establishment Republicans Punish Conservative Colbeck From the Progress Michigan blog, gubernatorial candidate Senator Colbeck stripped of committee assignments.
On the Right
- Auto Insurance Reforms Worth Supporting From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog The MC, an argument in favor of auto insurance reform.
- Michigan's Top Cop Could Lose $161,903 In Double Dipping Benefits If Ousted From Michigan Capitol Confidential, MSP Director’s collection of both salary and pension benefits may be coming to an end.
- Michigan's Comeback Story Is A Tale With Many Lessons For Others From Governor Rick Snyder’s blog, lessons from Michigan’s ‘comeback’.
Down the Middle
- Political Roundup: What's The Balance Between Attracting Jobs And Giving Away Too Much Of Them? From Michigan Radio’s Stateside, the costs and benefits of business subsidies.
- After Las Vegas, Michigan GOP Reps Are Weighing Action On Deadly Device From Bridge Magazine, a look at the Michigan congressional delegation’s most recent statements on gun-control.
- Collateral Consequences: Making Prisoner Reentry Harder And Recidivism More Likely From the Michigan Future blog, the consequences of high recidivism.